Thank you for using Paranair
At Paranair we value your trust in us when you use our services, and your privacy matters to us. We are therefore committed to protecting all personal data you give us when you use our services.
If you have already used our services, you will know that we offer online services not only through our own website, but also through other online platforms, such as social networks. All of the information we will provide to you below applies also to all of these platforms and to any data we collect through them or other digital media (for example, when you send an email to our customer support team).
For more data about cookies and how to prevent them from being installed, please visit the following website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- What kind of personal data does Paranair collect?
- How do we process children’s personal data?
- For what purposes, and on what legal basis, do we collect and use your personal data?
- Does Paranair share your personal data with anyone?
- How long will we keep your personal data?
- What can you do to control the personal data you have given to Paranair?
Information about personal data
What kind of personal data does Paranair collect?
In order to help you complete and manage your reservations for our flights, we need some data from you. This is basic data: your first and last name, your country of residence, your mobile phone number, and your email address are the data required to process the payment. We may also need you to provide us with some additional information in order to provide you with better assistance along the way, for example, if you have reduced mobility or a health problem that we should take into account. We may also use your flight history to better customize our offers and promotions.
If you need to contact us, you can do so through our customer service team by email, telephone, or other means, such as social networks. In such cases we will also collect your
personal data, such as your name and contact details, in order to respond to you. We inform you that when you contact our customer service department by telephone, we will be able to review the content of the communication, which is stored as a recording of your conversation; this is done in order to manage your query, as well as to monitor our service quality.
How do we process children's personal data?
The services offered by Paranair are not intended for persons under 12 years of age. For children under the age of 12, use of our services is possible only with the consent of a parent or guardian.
For what purposes, and on what legal basis, do we collect and use your personal data?
We ask for your personal data mainly to help you purchase your tickets and give you the best possible service. When we believe it may be of interest to you, and always with your permission, we may also use your personal data to inform you of discounts and special offers.
In any case, depending on what we use the personal data you provide us for, the legal bases for processing it will be different. More specifically, we may process your data for:
- Legitimate interest:
On the one hand, we will need you to allow us to receive your data and process it in order to provide you with assistance whenever you request it, as well as to handle any suggestions, complaints, or possible claims you may have. As we have already told you, we have a customer service team that will answer all your questions by email or telephone.
- Compliance with the contractual relationship:
On the other hand, we will also need to process your details to reserve, and make a contracted sale of, any of our tickets, as well as to carry out any other procedures that need to be followed once you have purchased them. We will also need to process your data when your reservation changes, such as sending you an email on the status of your flight, as well as notifications of any incidents that may affect your flight. If we did not obtain this data, we would not be able to finalize your ticket reservation or provide the service you have contracted.
- Compliance with a legal obligation:
There will also be occasions when we need it to fulfill certain legal obligations. This is especially important when any government authority, body and security force in any country where we operate requires us to provide your data, for example, for protection against fraud or other illegal activities. To this end, the data we process may include your name, address, email address, IP address, and payment details.
There will be certain matters that are not necessary to fulfill the contract or reservation you have entered into with us, that are not legally binding, or in which we have no legitimate interest. In these situations, we will need your consent before taking any action; when this is the case, we will inform you in detail about what we want to use your data for and how we want to use it. It’s the best way to keep track of what we do with your data at all times, and for you to decide how we process it.
This can happen, for example, when you ask us to register you as a user on the Paranair website or our mobile application. We will use this information to administer your account, identify you as a user of our website or mobile application, and send you information that may interest you about our offers and the latest news (e.g. newsletters).
If you do not complete the booking process for your ticket through our website, and you have given us your consent, we may contact you to remind you that you may continue with your booking, as well as send you news about our products and services related to your search. We believe that this service benefits you and will allow you to continue booking your flight without having to fill in all your details again, as well as to be informed at all times of our offers and services that may be of interest to you.
Does Paranair share your personal data with anyone?
- Service providers needed to carry out our business, such as airport ground handling agents in all the countries in which we operate, call center services, and email marketing services that help our marketing team conduct customer satisfaction surveys and design targeted marketing campaigns.
- Government authorities, law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies, and airports in countries that are on your itinerary or whose airspace your flight may transit, in compliance with legal requirements.
- Partner airlines that are needed to provide the services you have requested.
- Credit card companies that make it easier for you to make payments to us and to detect fraud, for which you may need data about the payment method used to process the payment, or to ensure the security of your payment transaction.
- Courts of law in all the countries in which we operate to ensure our legal rights regarding our contract with you, as well as our legal and other professional advisors.
We would like to clarify that we will enter into a contract with them to ensure that they apply all appropriate measures to protect your personal data.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Paranair will keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary to comply with your request, or as long as we have your permission. Once this time has elapsed, we will keep your data blocked for as long as legally required.
However, you should also bear in mind that the law requires us to keep it for a certain additional period of time, especially to deal with any possible claims.
What can you do to control the personal data you have given to Paranair? What rights do you have? How can you exercise them?
The law gives you a number of rights, which you should know about and exercise to protect your privacy. We refer primarily to your right to:
- Confirm whether or not we are processing your personal data at Paranair and, if so, to: (a) access it; (b) request its rectification if you believe it is inaccurate; or, if appropriate, (c) request its deletion when, among other reasons, you think that it is no longer necessary, taking into account the purpose for which it was provided.
- In certain circumstances, you may also request that we limit our use of your data, or even oppose its continued use. In such a situation, we will cease to use it, except for compelling legitimate reasons, or the exercise of, or defense against, possible claims.
- If we use your personal data to create behavioral profiles (for example, to better understand your interests and needs through browsing our website), and we do so in a fully automated manner, you have the right to be informed, to request the personal involvement of any of our agents, to challenge any decision based on such profiles, or to simply express your views.
- You also have the right to request the portability of the data you have provided to us, so that if you are interested, we can send it directly to you or to a third party that you indicate to us, in a commonly used machine readable format.
- Of course, you have the right, at any time, to withdraw any specific authorizations you may have given us to use your personal data.
- Finally, you may file any complaint with Paranair, especially when you have exercised a right and we have not dealt with you according to the legally established terms.