Pet Transport Service
Pet in Cabin
To transport your pet in the cabin it must travel in an appropriate carrier bag or cage during the entire flight. Maximum container measurements are: 40 cm in length x 30 cm in width and 20 cm in height
The Company will only allow one (1) animal per passenger, and only a total of two (2) animals will be allowed for each flight.
The pet should weigh up to 5 kg including pet carrier and must only contain a dog or a cat with a minimum of 9 weeks (3 months) of life.
To make the reservation of this service, and find out about the required documentation, fares, and the Company´s policies regarding pet transportation, you must contact our Call Center or send an email to email@example.com
Note: The transportation of a pet in the cabin or in hold is not accepted if the passenger´s itinerary includes interline segments or a connection on an airline other than Paranair.
Pet in Hold
The transport of pets in the hold of the aircraft will be allowed as long as the container for this purpose is suitable according to the size and weight of the animal.
For your pet to be transported in the hold of the aircraft, the carrier or container should meet the following requirements:
- It must be comfortable for the size of the animal, enabling it to stand, sit, lie down, and turn around comfortably.
- The container must be made of a solid resistant material, that guarantees its integrity and not getting damaged or broken during the transport of the animal. It must also allow a fixed container for water and feeding of the animal to be accommodated.
- It must contain ventilation holes of appropriate size which should allow a clear view of the animal´s condition, but without allowing it to expose any limb or any other part outside the container.
- The door must have a secure locking system to ensure that it remains closed at all times (It is not allowed to secure the cage with wires, padlocks, or packing tape).
- The container must not have surfaces which can be damaged by the animal biting or clawing from the inside. The corners of the container must be rounded and smooth.
- The floor of the container must be adequate to protect the animal from heat or cold, as well as it must be protected with absorbent materials (NON-TOXIC) for the retention of liquids and solids during transport.
Maximum container measurements for the acceptance of animals to be transported in the hold of the aircraft:
Medium size container Type 1: 65 cm in length x 48 cm in width and 48 cm in height
Medium size container Type 2: 80 cm in length x 54 cm in width and 54 cm in height
The maximum weight accepted (container + animal) for the transport of live animals (AVIH) is 40 kg, as long as the container is adequate and resistant for the mentioned weight.
Note: The Company does NOT provide the container for the transport of live animals. Therefore, it must be provided by the same passenger who requires this type of service. In the event that the container intended to transport the animal does not comply with the aforementioned characteristics, the airport staff may reject the requested service.
The Company does not accept the transport of the following breeds of dogs as they are considered dangerous:
- Bull Mastiff or Bull Terrier
- Dogue De Dordeaux
- Argentine Dogo
- Brazilian Mastiff
- Akita Inu
- Neapolitan mastiff
- Tosa Inu
- English Mastiff
- American Staffordshire Terrier
- Presa Canario
The Company does not accept the transport of brachycephalic breeds of dogs and cats, which are described below:
Grifón de Bruselas
Boxer (Todas las variantes)
Mastín (Todas las variantes)
Pug (Todas las variantes)
Buldog (Todas las variantes)
To make the reservation of this service, and find out about the required documentation, fares and the Company´s policies regarding pet transportation, you must contact our Call Center or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.